School closure information
Conditions may arise which will effect the normal running of schools.
These conditions may arise because adverse weather or the breakdown of
services or facilities or another major event. In these circumstances it is
the headteacher who is responsible for determining what action is
appropriate. If the headteacher decides to close the school, we will;
- Broadcast the information on BBC Wiltshire Radio (103.5, 104.3
and 104.9FM) and Heart Wiltshire FM (97.2 and 102.2).
- Where possible we will put a message on our school website
- Where possible, we will endeavour to keep the school open with a
- Where possible, we endeavour to have staff in school from 8.30 –
9.00am to keep you informed on the situation
- Where possible, we will send a text message to parents who have
given up to date mobile numbers, via Call Parents.
- If we ever needed to close the school during the day, children
would not be sent home without an adult to collect them from
school. Arrangements will be made to accommodate children until
they are collected.
We would like you to:
- If there are adverse weather conditions, please check the school is
open before you send your child to school.
- Please check the school web site www.st-peters.wilts.sch.uk
- Listen to BBC Wiltshire Radio or Heart Wiltshire FM.
- Please check the Heart website http://www.heart.co.uk/wiltshire/
or the BBC web site http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/wiltshire/
- If you see unaccompanied children walking to school, DO NOT TELL
THEM TO GO HOME even if you know the school is closed. They
should report to school where their parents will be contacted.
- Ensure that all your contact details are up to date.